Drama Mama: Life As A Drama Teacher

A place for me to document the ups and downs of a high school teacher's drama classes, of a mom's call to raise her kids, of a wife's life with her husband, and of a Christian's walk with Christ. And recipes, maybe.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

mini vacation

I am a teacher with 2 small children who has been out of school for about a month which means several things....

1. The kids are driving me and each other crazy. I have heard "I'm bored" way too many times. They are also starting the summer ritual of constant bickering. i know this is normal, but it is beginning to get on my nerves.

2. I'm a little bored. I am tired of the house and the weekly trips to the library.

All of that to say, we are going on a trip tomorrow. Mom has a place in the mountains of NC at Lake Lure, so we three adventurers are going off to play for a few days. Unfortunately, Rick has work and cannot join us, but it will give him a little quiet time, and hopefully the kids will tire out early in the mountains and I can have some quiet reading time too. Wish me luck.. I hate packing for trips and trying to make sure everything is settled before I leave.

Hope I remember a book.... will post again after we return.

1 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2004 10:57 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Have a safe trip. Hopefully you won't hear "Mom, I'm bored too much." I too am hear that too much. *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home